Music videos are still being made, they’re just harder to find. And some artists are choosing to make the already-challenging task even more complicated by trying to do it all in one take. Yes, one-shot music videos are fun to watch, but we wouldn’t necessarily want to make one. So, we proudly present our picks for some of the best one-take videos to date. Hats off to all of the artists, designers, and filmmakers involved in the following works of art. Enjoy!
1. OK Go – This Too Shall Pass
2. Feist: 1 2 3 4
3. Jack Johnson – Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
4. Goldfrapp – Happiness
5. Kylie Minogue – Come Into My World
6. Green Day – Redundant
7. Gary Jules – Mad World
8. Bat For Lashes – What’s A Girl To Do
9. Weezer – Undone (The Sweater Song)
10. Spoon – The Underdog
11. The Matches – Salty Eyes
12. Vampire Weekend – Oxford Comma
13. Norah Jones – Miriam
And there you have it.